I was there on opening day when the one in the Twin Cities opened. My bedroom at my parents' house was outfitted primarily of Ikea stuff. That means my apartment still has a ton of it, too, since I pretty much just stole everything out of my bedroom in my parents' house to bring here.
I love Ikea.
I went there back at the end of July with the man, and my love affair with Ikea has not diminished over the years.
So here are five reasons why Ikea is awesome:
1. You can meander through home setups that are crazy awesome and think about what it would be like to have a house that actually looks like that. No, you'll never recreate it, but it's fun to dream.
2. Cheap stuff. End tables for seven dollars? Three dollars for a set of silverware? Dont' mind if I do.
3. Their stuff is just plain awesome. Yeah, I wouldn't buy a mattress or a couch from there, but bed frames? Yep. Bookshelves? For sure. Kitchen utensils? Maybe. Maybe not. Some are too cheap. Pots and pans? For now.
4. The instructions. Sure, they can be frustrating, but generally speaking, I like a challenge.
5. Their food. Swedish meatballs are awesome, and you can even buy the packets of the Swedish meatball sauce to recreate at home (which I did and ate last week - SO GOOD). Caprese salad, too? Don't mind if I do.
All in all, I have a deep, unending love for Ikea. I'm sort of sad I won't see another one until December at the earliest, but that's okay. I can wait for you, Ikea.